- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Ear Setback
- Genital Surgery
- Nose Job
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Surgery After Weight Loss
- Thigh Lift
Mastopexy (Breast Lift)
With the process of ageing, or as a consequence of breast feeding, the breasts begin to droop.
The operation to correct this is called as mastopexy. Sometimes there is also loss of volume as well, (the breasts are smaller) in which case, a pexy-augmentation is required, ie. a lift and an implant.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROCEDURE
- Better shape to the breasts leading to improved self confidence
- The choice to wear more sexy clothing, including swim wear
DISADVANTAGES OF THE PROCEDURE
- Scarring: This is the major disadvantage and is usually in the form of a lollipop‚ with the circle part of the lollipop going around the areola.
Some people believe that the nipple is cut off and then replaced on the breast. This is not the case with modern techniques of mastopexy.
Occasionally, a small horizontal scar is also required to enhance the breast shape.
- Nipple Sensation: There may be a transient loss of nipple sensation‚ but this usually returns to normal
- Infection: This is a very uncommon complication. Should it occur, it usually means that regular dressings would be required for a short period of time.
- Bleeding: Again, this is an uncommon complication. This risk can be reduced by making sure the blood pressure is under control
- Abnormal or keloid scars