- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Reduction
- Ear Setback
- Genital Surgery
- Nose Job
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Surgery After Weight Loss
- Thigh Lift
Liposuction is one of the commonest performed cosmetic procedures. The reason for this is essentially two fold. It is a “walk-in, walk-out” procedure and it is virtually scarless.
Liposuction is a technique designed to improve a contour deformity, ie. improve the outline of the silhouette, or shadow, and it is not a procedure for obesity.
It can be performed on almost any part of the body and is frequently used as an adjunct to other cosmetic procedures from face lift to abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). However the most common areas are the thighs, hips and abdomen.
It can however also be used successfully in the neck, knees and arms, for example.
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROCEDURE
- Improved shape of all the above
- Improved self confidence
- Clothing fits better
DISADVANTAGES OF THE PROCEDURE
- On the whole complications are uncommon and self-limiting. However about 10% of patients require a small touch-up. This is usually done in the “rooms” after a year
- There is initially some bruising and swelling
- Other complications relate to the specific area involved and should be discussed with the plastic surgeon